Sunday, October 30, 2011

Hillybilly Garden: The Final Update

Sadly, our hillbilly garden has come to an end. Morning temperatures are below freezing now, and Winter is just around the corner. If you have no idea what I am talking about, or would just like a refresher, you can read about it here and here.

If we had planted this garden on purpose, it never would have worked. I am happy to report, however, that we got 5 pumpkins! I kept waiting to take pictures when all four girls were here, but that has been kind of hard to accomplish lately, so yesterday Jeff and I were doing yard work with the little ones, and I got my camera out and starting shooting away (Hey....it beat raking. (-:).

This was our very first pumpkin. This one was taken back in August.


 I think these are some pretty-perfect little pumpkins!

 This was Daddy's pose...our little punkin' heads. :-)

Aside from the pumpkin patch doing nothing to dispel rumors here that if you are a southerner, you must also be a hillbilly, we really got so much enjoyment from this little garden. It was really a miracle to watch it grow, knowing that we did NOTHING but accidentally leave some pumpkins in the yard last winter to make it happen. God's creation never ceases to amaze me!

Knowing us, I am sure there will be more adventures to come, though. Life around here never gets boring!

Much Love,
Jeannie

No comments:

Post a Comment