Tuesday, March 30, 2010

The Least of These

Hello everyone - this is Jeff. This is the first time I've posted anything to this blog. Jeannie does a great job keeping everyone up to date on our life. (Thank you honey!) What I need to say is not about recent events for our family, but about something God has been doing in my heart.

One of the things God has been impressing on my heart is the verse, "Whatever you do to the least of these, you do it unto Me." As I have meditated on this verse, I have been convicted of many times where I did not behave as I should.

I have had to seek forgiveness for the way I have treated our children many times. There are others in my life I have had to ask forgiveness in the past. God continues to bring situations and events to mind as He directs. The incident He most recently reminded me of happened years ago, and I have no real way to contact the people involved. God did lay it on my heart to use this blog to seek forgiveness, and my desire is to be obedient.

During the mid 1990s, I taught middle school band at Clements Middle School in Covington, Georgia. I have many great memories of some truly remarkable teachers and students. God used that time to shape my life, and I am grateful for the experience. However, I do need to ask forgiveness from the students whom I hurt with my words and actions.

There were many times I completely lost control and as the Bible says, " gave full vent to his anger." Not only was this unprofessional, it was rude. The worst part is, I behaved this way as an example of Christ before so many students. So, I need to humbly ask, "Will you please forgive me?".

My desire is to be obedient to the Lord. My prayer is God will use this for His glory. Thank you all for allowing me this opportunity to 'borrow' this forum for a few moments.

We love you all and are so thankful for your support and encouragement.

God Bless,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment