Friday, April 8, 2011

Half of a Year

I can hardly believe it, but April 4th marked exactly 6 months since we left Georgia. Can you believe we have already been here for half of a year?

In half of a year:

I have cried more than ever. I have been more homesick than I ever could have imagined was possible, but I have also seen and felt the hand of God in a way I could have never imagined. He has provided for us physically, spiritually, emotionally, and mentally in some ways I never would have fathomed.

I learned that winter must last almost half of a year here, because in six months, I have seen more snow than grass, but you know what? We survived!! Our first winter is behind us and my feet are almost free!!

Our family has grown in many ways....our character has grown as we have learned to live in much closer proximity to each other than we are accustomed to. We have grown closer emotionally as we have had to lean on each other more than ever. We have grown spiritually as we have had to depend on the hand of God for so many provisions.

Clara has flourished and all four girls love Michigan. There are so many fun things to do here.

We got a dog!

Despite the pain of being ripped from everything comfortable in my life and missing the people I love so dearly and deeply, I wouldn't trade it for anything. It has made me appreciate the people I love at home, and I think being ripped out of my comfort zone was the only way God could have gotten my attention to work on so many things he needed to work on in my heart. That is what it is all about...growing in my relationship with  my God I love so dearly, and hopefully shining His light to all who are around me. Not to mention, we really have met some fantastic people here and I know that as time passes, those friendships will grow deep and close like the ones we have at home. It just takes time.

We have been told it takes a year to settle in...so six months to go! The fact that we are here at all is proof of God's faithfulness and we know for certain this is where He wants us. He never promises the road will be happy or easy....but He does promise He will be with us, and He has been...and there is joy (and tears) in the journey.

I heard this song for the first time today, and I think I have already listened to it about 10 times. It is all about what we pray for and how God answers those prayers. I hope it touches your heart the way it did mine! (You will have to pause the music playing on the blog by scrolling down to the music box widget and clicking on "pause".)



Much Love!
Jeannie

No comments:

Post a Comment