Thursday, July 1, 2010

Long Overdue Update Pt. 3: The Babies' Birthday

What I know:

I am starting to feel like myself again for the first time in at least four years. How do I know? PARTIES!!! I LOVE to throw a party. I love to plan the party, decorate for the party, and most of all, have lots people over for the party!

What I don't know:

When did "The Babies" turn into "The Little Girls"? In June, Megan turned three and Clara turned four. WHAT??!!?? Is that even possible?

As painful as this milestone was for me, (yes, I cried a little), we just had to have a party. Partly, because I am never sure if this will be their last birthday here and I want to make the most of it, and secondly, because this birthday is ALL these girls have talked about for 6 months....really. It was the third party hosted here in a little over a month, (Emilie had a birthday at the end of May, and we had a wedding celebration for my mother-in-law in the middle of May).

I did not go "all out", but I think the babies still had a great time!

Our theme: CUPCAKES!

First, we had a cupcake bar with lots of different cupcakes with lots of bowls of sprinkles for do-it-yourself decorating. What kid doesn't love sprinkles? The big girls made little cupcake truffles to go with them.


We sang "Happy Birthday" to a very excited duo of cute little girls. :-)




Clara had a little bit of cupcake with her sprinkles....




...and some very sweet little friends!




Megan was not shy about tearing into her cupcake...


....or her gifts.




This was her new potty chair. Accompanying it were the "puhple" panties she requested. She held up the package of panties high over her head and yelled, "Look everybody! I got PANTIES!!" Gotta love a kid who knows what she wants. :-)



Clara savored every gift she opened. They continue to play with everything!



Ms. Jill gave them a bubble machine that was a BIG hit after all the opening gifts and cake-eating was done!



Emilie and Nana had fun just blowing them at each other!

What Clara wants to know now:

"How many days until I turn five?"

Please don't rush it, baby girl! All this growing up is killing me!


Blessings!
Jeannie





No comments:

Post a Comment