Saturday, March 19, 2011

I Have a Teenager!!

Yes, it's true.


I cannot believe it has been 13 years since the birth of my precious first-born. I still remember it like it was yesterday.

We could not have been more excited about the birth of our sweet baby girl. She was not the first grand baby on either side of our family, but she was our first, and we were elated !



It took her a very, veerrryyy long time to decide she wanted to enter this world, and still today, she does nothing on impulse. Every decision is made with lots of thought and lots of caution. (She definitely gets that from her Daddy.)



I have loved raising my red-haired beauty, and I look forward to many years ahead of watching her grow. Jeff and I are both so excited to see what God will do with her life, and love the young woman she is blossoming into.



She is kind and compassionate (as long as your name is not Emilie and you don't share a room with her.)


She is talented and diligent in her work.



She absolutely adores her baby sisters.



And there is always an extra special place in her heart for animals. She wants to be a veterinarian, and although I am fully aware that goal could change, I know she is fully capable of accomplishing that goal.



 More importantly, she loves the Lord and has a heart to do what is right. I wish I had that heart at thirteen years old.


I know that as you attempt to spread your wings in the next few years, we may butt heads. We already have. But I hope you always know that right or wrong, our desire is always to look out for your best interest.


Alyssa, you are such a beautiful girl, inside and out, and we love you so very, very much!


Happy Birthday, Sweet Girl!! I hope your day is everything you hoped it would be!!

2 comments:

  1. Happy birthday, Alyssa! You are beautiful!! Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to your sweet Alyssa! I love her pretty hair and her pretty smile! I hope she has a year filled with adventures! : ) God bless.

    ReplyDelete