Friday, July 10, 2009

Ministry Comes in Many Forms

Hey Everyone!


As many of you know, we are currently raising support to join Life Action Ministries. We are still waiting on a little more support to come in, but the main thing we are waiting on is for our house to sell. Once it sells, we will be moving. It has been very challenging at times to wait patiently, knowing that God's timing is perfect, and that this was all His idea in the first place. :-) There is one song that has sort of gotten me through the waiting thus far. It is called "While I'm Waiting". I especially love the part that says, " I will worship while I'm waiting, I will love you while I'm waiting, I will serve you while I'm waiting". Those may not be exactly the words, but you get the idea. I have to remember that we are called to ministry. Period. Not ministry in Michigan...just ministry. All of us as Christians are. "Go and make disciples of every nation, baptizing them in the name of the Father, Son , and the Holy Spirit" Matthew 28 :19-20. We have been praying that God will give us opportunities right here while we wait, and He has. For example, I have had a number of opportunities to speak at meetings about Godly stewardship through menu planning and grocery shopping. Jeff and I have many opportunities in our church to share in music ministry, be it with tuba, flute, or voice. Jeff comes into contact daily with people who need the Lord. He has had a chance to build relationships and this has given him many opportunities to share. This morning I had special time with just the babies, as their older sisters are their grandparents, and that, too, is ministry! I can't think of a more important ministry right now than the family God has given me to minister to. And so, we are missionaries, but not just for ministry elsewhere. We continue to pray for opportunities right here at home to share what God is doing in our lives and share His love with others.


Also, we have some prayer needs that are heavy on our hearts right now. We ask you to please pray with us:


1. For those of you who know the Hortons, her mother had quadruple by-pass surgery this morning and had to be taken back into the OR tonight. When she called, they did not know why yet, so just pray for wisdom for the doctors and a complete healing for her mother-Betty Davis.


2. Another family in our church is having a very hard time. I cannot share any details, but the Lord will know who you are praying for, and they DESPERATELY need it!


3. Clara seemed to be in more pain today than she has in months. Please continue to pray for a diagnosis for her, but also, complete healing. It would only take a tiny touch from God's magnificent hand!


4. As always, please pray for our house to sell! Here's a picture so you will have a visual:


5. We want to know YOUR prayers needs, as well. Please feel free to e-mail them to JNJBryant@att.net and we will lift you up in prayers, and rejoice with you when those prayers are answered!
Have a great night!
Blessings!
Jeannie

No comments:

Post a Comment