Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Paper Cranes

Hi Friends!

I have quite a few updates I want to post, but tonight, someone else is very heavy on my heart. If you have followed my blog for a while, you may remember my post about the first mitochondrial disease/FOD symposium I ever attended. While there, not only did I meet Clara's current geneticist, whom we love dearly, but there was another girl there with her mom who made quite an impact on me. She was a lovely young lady who was stricken all of a sudden, at the age of nineteen, while working at a camp for disabled children. Her name is Leslie. A few years have passed since I have seen her and her Mom, but I have kept up via Facebook, and she is declining very quickly.

Leslie's family has been working very hard to help her accomplish everything on her bucket list. She was granted a wish last week to meet Reba Mcentire, but the trip was very hard on her and she will no longer be able to travel. However, there were many items on her list that require no travel at all. One of those items is that Leslie wants to fold 1000 paper cranes. My girls and I have folded a few in the last few days and will be mailing them soon. I thought if you had a few minutes and a square piece of paper, you may want to help, too! i will admit that ours are not extrememy lovely (it was a little tricky for me and beyond tricky for my two littles), but now that I have done a few it is getting easier, and it's kind of fun, too!! Here is the website if you're interested:

1000 Paper Cranes for Leslie

I hope you are all doing well! I'll be back soon. :-)

Much Love,
Jeannie

No comments:

Post a Comment